Features to look for in a home security camera in San Diego
So many homeowners in San Diego want to get a view what’s going on at home when they are not home This is a principal reason why security cameras are one of the smartest tools to consider as you figure out your home security system. Even though free-standing cameras will be beneficial when installed properly, they’re even more useful when included into your property’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in San Diego? You’ll be happy to know these vital devices include more benefits than ever before. You may see real-time streams from inside cameras or warn intruders with integrated deterrents from exterior cameras. You’ll even have immediate access to your cameras through a convenient touchscreen panel or cell phone app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in San Diego
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will raise your home’s defense to a different level. These crucial parts of your home security system are available with a diverse lineup of features such as 2-way audio, motion detection, and customizable zones. Review all of the options available to you below.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a security camera that is able to react instantly. If odd movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear red ring will form on the outside of the lens and a loud warning will emit.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision capability offers clear images of your property any time of day. Your cameras will even sustain their visibility when closing in on details.
- Cloud storage: Choose devices with recording and storage cloud options and the chance to access footage straight from your mobile device app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in San Diego are frequently linked to a helpful mobile device app. You have the opportunity to review live streams or pre-recorded video and even activate or deactivate your alarms. The Vivint App will send an update to your phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion detectors allows cameras to engage if odd movement is detected. You’ll even be alerted with a notification on your mobile device.
- Converse with anyone at your door or loved ones: Need to check in with your kids after school? Do you have a stranger at your front door? Today’s surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way talk so you can converse with any person within range of your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your outside surveillance should give you an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you 140° views.
- Configurable zones: This feature allows you to set the precise area you would like your camera to supervise. This is helpful to optimize the movement you record as you aren’t going to want updates every time a car drives by on the street.
Design your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in San Diego. All that remains is to design your own customized Vivint smart home. Dial (619) 492-4324 to get started or fill out the form below to contact our home protection and automation professionals.