Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your San Diego smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete charge of your San Diego home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and check out tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in San Diego do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can perform:
- Check current or recorded video streams from all connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in San Diego by setting schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in San Diego
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, tap email or phone and provide the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new San Diego home security system. Contact (619) 492-4324 to get started.